Data and Surveillance
Reports and Publications
Learn more about Surveillance Summaries; Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report and Publications; National Center for Health Statistics; Other Related Articles, Publications, and Links; and State Data Profiles.
- Asthma Facts: CDC’s National Asthma Control Program Grantees [PDF – 2.7 MB]
This report describes asthma prevalence, healthcare utilization, asthma self-management education, and mortality for the program’s funded grantees in 34 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
- Asthma Surveillance Summaries
Asthma Surveillance Summaries present data from multiple years and national sources.
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) Publications
MMWR data are based on information provided weekly to CDC by state health departments.
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) Reports and Publications
NCHS is the principal health statistics agency in the U.S., dedicated to compiling statistical information, identifying health problems and disparities, monitoring trends in health status and health care delivery, and evaluating the impact of health policies and programs.
- Related Articles, Publications, and Links
Use related articles, publications, and links to learn more about asthma and the burden of asthma in the U.S.
- State Data Profiles
The State Data Profiles provide an overview of the burden of asthma in the 36 National Asthma Control Program grantee states (including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico) and throughout the U.S.
- Page last reviewed: March 25, 2013
- Page last updated: August 14, 2013
- Content source: