National Center for Environmental Health
CDC’s National Center for Environmental Health (NCEH) plans, directs, and coordinates a program to protect the American people from environmental hazards. We promote a healthy environment and prevent premature death, avoidable illness and disability caused by non-infectious, non-occupational environmental and related factors. We are especially committed to safeguarding the health of vulnerable populations – such as children, the elderly, and people with disabilities – from certain environmental hazards.
Tornadoes – be prepared with a plan and an emergency kit.
Prepare for severe storms,lightning, tornadoes, and floods.
Take steps to protect yourself, your family, and your home during a flood.
Be prepared to stay safe and healthy in winter.
Learn more about geospatial partnerships and public health investigations.
- Air Quality
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Chemical Weapons Elimination
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention
- Climate and Health
- Emergency Response
- Environmental Health Science and Practice
- Environmental Health Services
- Environmental Public Health Tracking Network
- Food Safety
- Health Studies
- Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals
- Laboratory Quality Assurance
- Natural Disasters
- Newborn Screening Laboratory Bulletin
- Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
- Nutritional Indicators
- Radiation Emergencies
- Radiation and Your Health
- Research (e.g., Biomonitoring, Genetics, Laboratory Quality Assurance)
- Safe Water
- Vessel Sanitation
- About NCEH
- NCEH/ATSDR Organization Chart pdf icon[PDF – 97 KB]
- Data Resources
- Emergency Response
- Environmental Health Features
- Environmental Health Toolkits
- Multimedia Tools
- Press Room
- Programs & Divisions
- Publications & Products
- Sharing Our Stories
- Social Media
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
Follow @CDCEnvironment on Twitter for info, tips, and news you can use about ways your environment and your health are connected!
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address