Professional Development & Training
Understanding Professional Development
This resource offers basic definitions to assist in professional development conversations such as: professional development, training, workshop, etc.
Understanding Professional Development [PDF - 184KB]
E-Learning Series: Training Tools for Healthy Schools
TheTraining Tools for Healthy Schools: Promoting Health and Academic Success, eLearning series consists of four core training tools that have been converted to 1-1.5 hour modules for the ease and flexibility for online learners to have easier access to our tools. Continuing education credits are offered to most participants, along with a certificate of completion at the end of each module. All four modules have a very robust Go Further section to gain additional knowledge and resources.
Training Tools for Healthy Schools E-Learning Series
- Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program: A Guide for Schools
- Parents for Healthy Schools
- School Health Guidelines to Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity
- School Health Index: A Self-Assessment and Planning Guide
Continuing Education Credit information is available for the following Training Tools for Healthy Schools E-Learning Series courses:
- Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program: A Guide for Schools - Course WB2615
- School Health Guidelines to Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity - Course WB2613
- School Health Index: A Self-Assessment and Planning Guide - Course WB2614
Professional Development 101: Part 1 and Part 2 - The Basics – A Professional Development Series
This audio e-Learning course introduces users to Professional Development Practices. The course:
- Increases the skill-building capacity of staff, as they work toward improving health and educational outcomes.
- Offers users materials and worksheets to enhance the learning experience.
- Includes PowerPoint slides, the script, and the recording.
Professional Development 101: Part 1 - The Basics
Professional Development 101: Part 1 Script [PDF - 369KB]
Professional Development 101: Part 2 – The Basics
Professional Development 101: Part 2 Script [PDF - 346KB]
Please use a modern Web browser, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 11 or later, or Apple Safari for the best viewing experience.
Professional Development Follow-up Support Tool Kit
This tool kit provides information and resources for follow-up support after the completion of a professional development event. The tool kit includes worksheets that can be used to facilitate the follow-up process.
- Professional Development Follow-Up Support Kit [PDF - 229KB]
- Professional Development Practices [PDF - 160KB]
- Professional Development Practices Inventory [PDF - 207KB]
- Follow-up Support: Team Action Plan Template [PDF - 91KB]
- Follow-up Support: Technology Survey [PDF - 90KB]
- Professional Development Follow-Up Support: The Continuum [PDF - 250KB]
- Evaluation Distinctions [PDF - 77KB]
- Guide for Follow-up Support Planning [PDF - 107KB]
- Providing Follow-up Support: Guiding Questions [PDF - 112KB]
- Online Professional Development Follow-Up Support Tools [PDF - 138KB]
Professional Development: Follow Up Support Webinar
Description: This module is the second in a series of modules designed to help you develop an effective professional development training program. This module focuses on Follow Up Support and provides a detailed overview of the professional development process. The module will describe the Follow Up Support tool-kit and the resources needed to develop a learning event.
- Page last reviewed: September 19, 2016
- Page last updated: September 19, 2016
- Content source: