Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Organic Spinach and Spring Mix Blend (Final Update)
Posted December 10, 2012 4:30 PM ET
This particular outbreak appears to be over. However, E. coli is still an important cause of human illness in the United States. More information about E. coli, and steps people can take to reduce their risk of infection, can be found on the CDC E. coli Web Page.
- FDA Investigates E. coli O157:H7 Illnesses Linked to Organic Spinach and Spring Mix BlendExternal
- Wegmans Organic Spinach and Spring Mix, Two Sizes Product RecallExternal
- State Garden Issues Consumer AdvisoryExternal
- General Information: E. coli
- CDC Vital Signs: Making Food Safer to Eat