Signs and SymptomsSymptoms may appear anywhere from 2 to 21 days after exposure to ebolavirus...
TransmissionSpread through bodily fluids of a person who is sick with or has died from Ebola...
Risk of ExposureDuring outbreaks of Ebola, those at highest risk include health care workers and family...
OutbreaksList of all current and past outbreaks, outbreak chronology and references...
For Healthcare WorkersUpdated guidance for managing or preparing for Ebola in the U.S. and abroad...
PreventionThose at highest risk include health care workers and the family and friends of an infected individual...
DiagnosisDiagnosing Ebola in an individual who has been infected for only a few days is difficult...
TreatmentThe treatment of Ebola presents many challenges... there are few established prevention measures...
Guidance and Recommendations
- Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Hospitalized Patients Under Investigation (PUIs) for Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in U.S. Hospitals
- Interim Guidance for Environmental Infection Control in Hospitals for Ebola Virus
Laboratory (specimen collection, transport, testing, submission)
Protecting Healthcare Workers
- Notes on the Interim U.S. Guidance for Monitoring and Movement of Persons with Potential Ebola Virus Exposure
- Guidance on Air Medical Transport (AMT) for Patients with Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
- Interim Guidance for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Systems and 9-1-1 Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) for Management of Patients Under Investigation (PUIs) for Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in the United States
Since March 2014, West Africa has experienced the largest outbreak of Ebola in history. CDC and partners have worked to contain this epidemic at its source.
Latest CDC Outbreak Information
Updated April 13, 2016
- June 22, 2016: CDC's Ongoing Work to Contain Ebola in West Africa [PDF - 1 page]
- April 13, 2016: Updated Case Counts (From WHO Situation Reports)
- March 17, 2016: FAQs: Screening for Ebola Virus Disease
- March 17, 2016: Management of Survivors of Ebola Virus Disease
- March 17, 2016: Messages for the Care of Survivors of Ebola
- January 28, 2016: Guidance for Developing a Plan for Interfacility Transport of Persons Under Investigation or Confirmed Patients with Ebola Virus Disease in the United States
Information for Specific Groups
- World Health Organization Global Alert and Response (GAR) Situation Reports
- World Health Organization's Epidemic and Pandemic Alert and Response (EPR)
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) - Ebola Response
- USAID - Information for medical volunteers wanting to assist in the Ebola outbreak response
- State Ebola Protocols
- Page last reviewed: June 22, 2016
- Page last updated: June 22, 2016
- Content source: