Resources for Jurisdictions, Clinics, and Organizations
VAMS is free, easy-to-use, secure, online tool to manage vaccine administration that allows appointment scheduling and patient registration, documentation of vaccine administration, and reporting of data to CDC or the jurisdiction’s IIS. Please review VAMS Program Information for an overview and how to contact CDC.
You can access VAMS here.
Public Health Jurisdictions
VAMS allows jurisdictions to provide end-to-end vaccination services and manage vaccination clinics. If you are a VAMS jurisdiction point of contact and have questions, please contact the VAMS Help Desk via phone or by selecting “Get Help” in the top right header from any page after you have logged into VAMS. The VAMS Help Desk phone number can be found in your VAMS portal.
VAMS facilitates patient scheduling, vaccine administration workflow, and patient monitoring. The roles for clinic operations include healthcare professional (physician, physician assistant, nurse, nurse practitioner, clinical pharmacist, etc.), front desk staff, clinic administrator, and inventory manager. There is overlap between tasks these roles preform in the manuals and guides. Please be sure to check that your role preforms a task as you read through a manual or guide. If you are a clinic in a jurisdiction using VAMS and you need help with implementing VAMS, contact your jurisdiction points of contact or clinic administrator for assistance. If you have technical questions, you may also contact the VAMS help desk.
- Clinic Types in VAMSpdf icon
- Clinic Schedule Setuppdf icon
- Documenting Vaccinations at Standard & Mobile Clinicspdf icon
- Third-Party Clinic Operationspdf icon
- Email Notifications from VAMSpdf icon
- VAMS Flexible Registrationpdf icon
- Recipient Registration & Schedulingpdf icon
- VAMS User Access Troubleshooting Tipspdf icon
- VAMS Clinic Data Reportspdf icon
- VAMS Clinic Appointment Reservation Tierspdf icon
- Inventory Managementpdf icon
- Accessing Vaccination Certificates in VAMSpdf icon
- Multi-Factor Authentication in VAMSpdf icon
- Vaccine Recipient Quick Reference Guidepdf icon
VAMS allows these groups (e.g. employers, local health departments, etc.) to bulk input individuals who are eligible to receive the vaccine (vaccine recipients), who will then receive an email to register in VAMS so they can schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccination. If you are an organization (e.g., grocery store with eligible frontline staff, elder services program with eligible individuals) in a jurisdiction using VAMS and you need help with implementing VAMS, contact your jurisdiction points of contact or clinic administrator for assistance.