Scheduling Appointments for Recipients
Jurisdiction Contact Center users can register recipients in VAMS and schedule vaccination appointments on their behalf by following the steps below.
Step 1: Search for the Recipient in VAMS
- Select the Manage Recipients tab.
- Enter the recipient information as requested, then click Search. Carefully review the information for recipients that appear in the search results to ensure you find the intended recipient.
- If the intended recipient does not appear in the search results, move to Step 2.
- If the intended recipient does appear in the search results, check the box next to the recipient’s name in the search results, click Schedule Future Appointment, and move to Step 3.
You only need to complete this step if the recipient did not appear in search results from Step 1.
- Click the Add New Recipient button and enter the recipient information. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. These fields include first name, last name, gender, date of birth, ethnicity, race, and home address. Email and cell phone number are optional. If you enter either an email or cell phone number, you will be asked to select the recipient’s preferred contact method.
- If you enter an email address, you also will be given the option to create a VAMS account for the recipient. If you select Yes, the recipient will receive an email to create a VAMS password.
- If you enter a cell phone number, you will be asked to enter a one-time multi-factor authentication code that will be sent to the cell phone number provided. Ask the recipient to provide the authentication code they received, enter the code, and click Confirm.
- Entering insurance information is optional.
- Creating a VAMS Account is optional. If the recipient chooses not to set up a VAMS account but provided contact information (either email or phone number), they can access their account and appointment information via the Manage Appointments feature on the Guest Registration page.
- Once all required information has been entered, click Next.
- Review the information and check the box confirming it is correct, then click Submit.
- On the confirmation screen, select Schedule Future Appointment, and move to Step 3.
NOTE: VAMS will check for duplicate recipients and will not allow you add a user already added in VAMS.
Complete these steps after clicking Schedule Future Appointment (Step 1) or Schedule Appointment (Step 2).
- Select one or more vaccine types for which to schedule the vaccination appointment. Options include COVID-19 vaccine and Influenza vaccine.
- Click Continue.
- If you selected COVID-19, the system will ask you to select which dose you are scheduling the recipient for: first dose, second dose, additional dose, or booster dose. Choose one and click Continue.
- If there are no existing scheduled appointments, click Schedule Future Appointment.
- NOTE: VAMS will check for any existing appointments for the recipient and notify you of any conflicting appointments before scheduling. You can either keep or cancel an existing appointment for the recipient.
- Answer the prescheduling questions. Click Continue.
- Search for a clinic to view available appointments. When the clinic list view populates, select a clinic and click Next.
- Select an available date and time for the appointment and click Next.
- Confirm the vaccination appointment information and click Submit to book the appointment. VAMS will send an appointment confirmation to the recipient’s preferred method of contact.