Clinical Care Considerations for COVID-19 Vaccination
Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (Johnson & Johnson): Effective April 23, 2021, CDC and FDA recommend that use of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine resume in the United States. However, women younger than 50 years old especially should be made aware of a rare risk of blood clots with low platelets following vaccination and the availability of other COVID-19 vaccines where this risk has not been observed. Read the CDC/FDA statement.
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) has issued interim recommendations for the use of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines for the prevention of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the United States. You can find these recommendations as well as clinical considerations for managing adverse events below.
- Understanding mRNA Vaccines
- Understanding Viral Vector COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 ACIP Vaccine Recommendations
- Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker
- Get Vaccinated to Protect Yourself and Those You Care for from COVID-19 (Fact Sheet)
Englishpdf icon | Spanishpdf icon | English-Spanish for PRINT ONLYpdf icon