Clinical Care Considerations for COVID-19 Vaccination
Healthcare providers who administer the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (2023-2024 Formula) to individuals ages 6 months through 11 years should ensure the correct volume of the vaccine (0.25 mL) is withdrawn from the vial and administered to the recipient. Discard vial and excess volume after extracting a single dose.
For additional information, see FDA Announcement and Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (2023-2024 Formula) Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet (fda.gov)
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) has issued interim recommendations for the use of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines for the prevention of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the United States. You can find these recommendations as well as clinical considerations for managing adverse events below.
- Understanding mRNA Vaccines
- Understanding Viral Vector COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 ACIP Vaccine Recommendations
- Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker
- Get Vaccinated to Protect Yourself and Those You Care for from COVID-19 (Fact Sheet)
English | Spanish | English-Spanish for PRINT ONLY