National Network of STD Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NNPTC)
Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
The National Network of STD Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NNPTC) funding opportunity announcementexternal icon creates a network charged with improving the capacity of providers, clinical sites and healthcare systems to employ state-of-the-art knowledge and resources to diagnose, manage, treat and counsel individuals with/at-risk for STDs in order to reduce morbidity and improve sexual health on an individual, local and national level. The prevention training centers will develop, disseminate and evaluate training and training assistance to improve STD care at the clinical provider, healthcare organization, and system levels.
This NOFO has three components:
- Component A Regional Centers
- Component B National STD Prevention Training Centers Coordination Center (NPTC3)
- Component C National STD Curriculum Center (NSTDC)
It supports the following strategies under each component:
Component A Regional Centers (Core) – assess training needs and service gaps to inform the development and delivery of comprehensive STD clinical prevention T/TA for providers serving priority populations; Subcomponent A1 – provide support to providers and clinical settings to integrate HIV preventive services in STD specialty clinics; Subcomponent A2 – support the fellow training program.
Component B (Core) – facilitate coordination of the NNPTC, collect data to inform training strategies, manage a clinical consultation line and promote the NNPTC; Subcomponent B1 – coordinate support for PTCs participating in activity Subcomponent A1.
Component C (Core) – develop an online STD curriculum, develop and facilitate national learning communities and work with regional PTCs to scale up ECHO and other distance learning approaches; Subcomponent C1 – develop resources, curricula and learning communities specifically to support the increase of HIV preventive services in STD specialty clinics.
Awardees are expected to be notified in March 2020. By the end of the 5-year project period in 2025, the following outcomes will be achieved:
- Increased capacity of STD specialty clinics and other clinical settings serving key populations in priority areas to provide culturally informed STD preventive clinical services
- Increased provision of STD clinical preventive services by STD specialty clinics and other priority clinical settings
- Increased capacity of STD specialty clinics to provide culturally sensitive HIV preventive clinical services and linkage to care
- Increased STD specialty clinics who are PrEP providers
- Increased peer-reviewed publications by fellows
- Increase in STD Clinical Prevention workforce
- Increased recognition of the NNPTC as an STD clinical care training and SME resource
- Increased capacity of STD PTCs to deliver ECHO and other technology-based training
These outcomes will help the NNPTC reach the long-term impact of increased availability and accessibility of a trained and skilled clinical workforce to prevent and control STDs; increased fellows who remain in STD academic and/or public health careers; decreased incidence of antibiotic- resistant GC; decreased transmission of STDs in the community; and decreased morbidity and mortality from STDs and related health outcomes across the U.S.
CDC-RFA-PS20-2004 “National Network of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NNPTC)” was published on www.grants.govexternal icon on August 28, 2019.
The application deadline is November 12, 2019.
If you have questions about the NNPTC NOFO, please send them to NNPTCNOFO@cdc.gov. Frequently asked questions will be posted here.
August 28, 2019 – Publication of NNPTC NOFO
September 10, 2019 2:00 pm EST– Informational conference call for potential applicants
September 25, 2019 – Letter of Intent (LOI) Deadline
November 12, 2019 – Application Deadline
Webinar Slides will be added here.
Webinar Recording will be added here.