Essentials of STD Supervision I
(CDC TRAIN Course ID 1034317)
A 5-part Blended E-Learning Course
Schedule: There are currently no courses scheduled. Please check back periodically for updates. For information or questions, send an e-mail message to email@example.com.
Registration: See instructionsCdc-pdf on how to apply through the CDC TRAIN system. All courses are free of charge to eligible participants who have been approved to attend by their managers.
The Essentials of STD Prevention I (formerly known as Online Supervisor Series) is a blended e-learning course designed to provide information and skills necessary to successfully develop and supervise STD partner services staff. This training utilizes a blended eLearning approach made up of sessions that are on-line instructor-led and sessions that have been pre-recorded using Microsoft Live Meeting©.
Participants are expected to view all recorded sessions, attend all on-line instructor-led sessions and complete any self study assignments. The total time commitment for this training is 12 hours spread over a 3 to 5 week time period (depending on the particular offering). Each course offering is limited to 20 participants.
Each individual participant will need to have a computer with access to the internet, the ability to download and install the free Live Meeting© software and a phone (preferably a speakerphone or a phone with a headset). Upon approval, participants will be sent an email with information on how to download and install the Live Meeting© software, the links and passwords for logging into the training sessions and pre-course materials that the participants will need to print and have available the day of the training.
- Discuss the effect supervisors have on employee performance and recognize the qualities needed to be a good supervisor.
- Demonstrate the correct use of statistical information for assessing performance.
- Describe how to use audits and audit tools as a means for performance observation.
- Demonstrate how to use feedback as a tool for both reinforcement and correction.
Welcome and Orientation (Microsoft Live Meeting)
- Qualities of Effective Supervision
- Supervisors as Communicators
- How Supervision Can Affect Performance (Microsoft Live Meeting)
Disease Intervention Skills
- Case Management and Lot System
- Interview Format
- Clustering/Cluster Interview
- Chalk Talk
Case Studies (Microsoft Live Meeting)
- Time Management
- Reading Assignments
- Employee Development and Training
- Case studies
- Assessing Employee performance
Who Should Attend This Course: This course is intended for STD front line supervisors and STD program staff with leadership responsibilities.