PLEASE NOTICE THE NEW 4th TAB ABOVE -- Resource Spotlight.
STD Awareness Month is in April – This year’s theme: Syphilis Strikes Back
- State-Specific Rates of Primary and Secondary Syphilis Among Men Who Have Sex with Men — United States, 2015
- Announcement: Sexually Transmitted Diseases Awareness Month – April 2017
- Dear Colleague Letter - NCHHSTP and STD Directors on STD Awareness Month and this year’s theme.
- CDC Feature – Why CDC is focusing on syphilis and how you can get involved
New Information about Antibiotic-Resistant Gonorrhea
- Cluster of Neisseria Gonorrhoeae Isolates with High-Level Azithromycin Resistance and Decreased Ceftriaxone Susceptibility Conference Abstract
- New Warning Signs that Gonorrhea Treatment May be Losing Effectiveness, Press release (September 21, 2016)
- Addressing the Threat of Drug-Resistant Gonorrhea, Fact Sheet
2015 STD Surveillance Report (October 19, 2016)
- Reported STDs in the United States, 2015 – fact sheet
- Reported STDs at Unprecedented High in the U.S. – media release
- Have STDs Reached Crisis Level? The Status Quo Is No Longer Enough – OpEd by NCHHSTP Director
Procaine Penicillin G Shortage (September 19, 2016)
Zika Virus and Sexual Transmission (October 7, 2016)
Transgender Health Disparities: Challenges and Opportunities
STD Prevention Science Series Webinar, March 23, 2017; by Aron Janssen, MD, Recording available
Dr. Aron Janssen described what we do and do not know about the mental health and medical needs of this population, and the structural barriers that make access to appropriate care difficult.
2018 STD Prevention Conference - SAVE THE DATE - August 27-30, 2018
The reports below are the most recent editions of their kind.
Emerging Drug-Resistant Gonorrhea: What's New and What Now? - Dr. Gail Bolan, Director of CDC's Division of STD Prevention, discusses latest trends in drug resistant gonorrhea and provides an overview of treatment for this common sexually transmitted disease.
Overview and highlights about the Community Approaches to Reducing Sexually Transmitted Diseases (CARS) cooperative agreement.
STD Risk and Oral Sex - This page provides an overview of health effects associated with oral sex.
AR Investment Map - This interactive tool shows CDC’s key investments to combat antibiotic resistance (AR), including resistant gonorrhea, across the nation.
Spotlight on CDC's STD Prevention Work - Learn about CDC’s Division of STD Prevention and the specific ways we’re working to prevent STDs and promote sexual health. There is also a high resolution version for printing.
Sexual Health and Your Patients: A Provider’s Guide - Primary care providers can use this guide to better integrate sexual health conversations and related preventive sexual health services into routine adolescent and adult visits. It features tables and charts to help providers easily find key information, and was pre-tested with primary care providers.
Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT): An Important STD Prevention Tool – An infographic to help patients and doctors understand how EPT works.
KABI Chronicles: The Edge Motion Comic Series - An original, comic-based, serial drama following the lives of nine fictional high school and college friends as they navigate young adulthood, while also educating viewers about HIV and STDs.
STD Prevention Success Stories - CDC works with local and state health departments to prevent the spread of STDs across the United States. These documents provide insight into innovative STD prevention programs and projects.
- Page last reviewed: November 4, 2016
- Page last updated: November 15, 2016
- Content source: