Data are for the U.S.
- Percent of men 65 years of age and over with osteoporosis of the femur neck or lumbar spine: 5.1%
- Percent of women 65 years of age and over with osteoporosis of the femur neck or lumbar spine: 24.5%
- FRAX-based Estimates of 10-year Probability of Hip and Major Osteoporotic Fracture Among Adults Aged 40 and Over: United States, 2013 and 2014 [PDF – 1.1 MB]
- Hospitalization for Total Hip Replacement Among Inpatients Aged 45 and Over: United States, 2000–2010
- Total Body Bone Area, Bone Mineral Content, and Bone Mineral Density for Individuals Aged 8 Years and Over: United States, 1999-2006 [PDF – 2.8 MB]
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Osteoporosis
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases: Osteoporosis and related bone diseases
- Bone health and osteoporosis: a report of the Surgeon General
- USDA SuperTracker: My foods. My fitness. My health.
- Page last reviewed: August 17, 2016
- Page last updated: August 17, 2016
- Content source: