National Center for Health Statistics
An overview of surveys and programs administered by the National Center for Health Statistics that have been completed.
Partnerships & Collaboration
Data Analysis Aids
- Increase in Suicide Mortality in the United States, 1999–2018 Data Brief No. 362 (4/8/2020)
- Guidance for Certifying Deaths Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19)pdf iconVital Statistics Reporting Guidance Report No. 3 (4/2/2020)
- Trends and Characteristics of Sexually Transmitted Infections During Pregnancy: United States, 2016–2018pdf iconNVSR Volume 69, No. 3 (3/26/2020)
- Prevalence and Trends in Hepatitis B Virus Infection in the United States, 2015–2018Data Brief No. 361 (3/25/2020)
- Recent Trends in Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Delivery: United States, 2016–2018Data Brief No. 359 (3/5/2020)
From 1900-1945 and from 1965-1976 Pneumonia and Influenza was one of the five leading causes of death in the United States, but has not ranked higher than 6th in any year since 1978.
Source: National Vital Statistics System
Growth Charts, Where to Write for Vital Records, Health US...
Resources for individuals asked to take part in a survey...
NCHS Pressroom resources including calendar of releases...