National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) is a program of studies designed to assess the health and nutritional status of adults and children in the United States. The survey is unique in that it combines interviews and physical examinations.
Have you been selected to take part in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey?
Learn about participant involvement and benefits with the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
The NHANES National Youth Fitness Survey (NNYFS) was a one year survey conducted in 2012. The NNYFS collected nationally representative data on physical activity and fitness levels of children and adolescents in the United States through interviews and fitness tests. On September 30, 2013, the first wave of this data was released. To review documentation and download datasets, go to the NNYFS Data and Documentation page.
- Cognitive Performance in Adults Aged 60 and Over:National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey,2011–2014 pdf icon[PDF – 659 KB]
- Secondhand Smoke Exposure Among Nonsmoking Youth: United States, 2013–2016
- Prescription Drug Use Among Adults Aged 40–79 in the United States and Canada
- Autoantibodies – Immunofluorescence Analyses (Surplus) (SSANA2_G 2011-2012)
- Autoantibodies – Immunofluorescence Analyses (Surplus) (SSANA2_A 1999-2004)
- Autoantibodies – Immunofluorescence Analyses (Surplus) (SSNH3ANA 1988-1994)
- Brominated Flame Retardants (BFRs) – Pooled Samples (BFRPOL_I 2015-2016)
- DEET Metabolite – Urine (DEET_I 2015-2016)
- DEET Metabolites – Urine – Surplus (SSDEET_I 2015-2016)
- Flame Retardants – Urine (Surplus) (SSFR_G 2011-2012)
- Non-dioxin-like Polychlorinated Biphenyls & Mono-ortho-substituted Polychlorinated Biphenyls – Pooled Samples (PCBPOL_I 2015-2016)
- Pesticides – Organochlorine Pesticides – Serum – Pooled Samples (PSTPOL_I 2015-2016)
- Pooled-Sample Technical Support File (POOLTF_I 2015-2016)