The National Center for Health Statistics is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Health and Human Services.
View the NCHS Organizational Chartimage icon to learn more about NCHS’ organizational structure.
Office of the Director
Jennifer H. Madans, Ph.D.
Amy M. Branum, Ph.D.
Acting Associate Director for Science
Office of Management and Operations
Michael H. Sadagursky
- Business Operations and Services Staff
- Business Logistics Staff
- Workforce and Career Development Staff
Office of Planning, Budget and Legislation
Susan Queen, Ph.D.
Office of Information Services
- Information Dissemination Staff
- Information Design and Publishing Staff
Classifications and Public Health Data Standards Staff
Office of Information Technology
- Information Technology Solutions & Services Staff
Division of Analysis and Epidemiology
Irma E. Arispe, Ph.D.
- Health Promotion Statistics Branch
- Measures Research & Evaluation Branch
- Data Linkage Methodology & Analysis Branch
- Population Health Reporting & Dissemination Branch
Division of Vital Statistics
Steven Schwartz, Ph.D.
- Data Acquisition Classification and Evaluation Branch
- Mortality Statistics Branch
- Reproductive Statistics Branch
- Information Technology Branch
Division of Health Care Statistics
Denys T. Lau, Ph.D.
- Ambulatory and Hospital Care Statistics Branch
- Long-Term Care Statistics Branch
- Technical Services Branch
Division of Health Interview Statistics
Stephen J. Blumberg, Ph.D.
- Data Production and Systems Branch
- Survey Planning and Special Surveys Branch
- Data Analysis and Quality Assurance Branch
Division of Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys
Ryne Paulose-Ram, Ph.D.
- Analysis Branch
- Informatics Branch
- Operations Branch
- Planning Branch
Division of Research and Methodology
Jennifer D. Parker, Ph.D.
- Collaborating Center for Statistical Research and Survey Design
- Collaborating Center for Questionnaire Design and Evaluation Research
- Research Data Center