National Survey of Family Growth
The National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG) gathers information on family life, marriage and divorce, pregnancy, infertility, use of contraception, and men’s and women’s health. The survey results are used by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and others to plan health services and health education programs, and to do statistical studies of families, fertility, and health. Links to some of those studies are included on this web site, under “Publications and Information Products.”
Have you been selected to take part in the National Survey of Family Growth? Answers to some frequently asked questions can be found here.
- 2015-2017 NSFG Public Use Data Files (12/2018)
- Receipt of Pelvic Examinations Among Women Aged 15–44 in the United States, 1988–2017 (6/2019)
- Current Contraceptive Status Among Women Aged 15–49:United States, 2015–2017 (12/2018)
- Adoption-related Behaviors Among Women Aged 18–44 in the United States: 2011–2015 (7/2018)
- Fertility of Men and Women Aged 15–44 in the United States: National Survey of Family Growth, 2011–2015 pdf icon[PDF – 536 KB] (7/2018)