NCHS Press Room
Over two-thirds of U.S. women ages 22-44 have cohabited with a male sex partner, slightly higher than a decade earlier.
- New Release: STATCAST – Death Certificate Data, Part Two: Provisional vs. Final Data (January 15, 2021)
- New Release: Quarterly Provisional Estimates for Selected Causes of Death: Q2 2019 – Q2 2020 (January 14, 2021)
- Next Up: Secondhand Smoke Exposure Among Nonsmoking Adults: United States, 2015-2018 (February 4, 2021)
- State Profile of the Week: Ohio
- COVID-19 Data (Deaths, Mental Health, Access to Care, Loss of Work)
- About Provisional Death Data for COVID-19pdf icon
In order to access embargoed and password protected materials, reporters should contact the CDC/NCHS Press Room at 301-458-4800 or register with the NCHS Media List.
Persons with disabilities experiencing problems accessing PDF files should contact the Public Affairs Office at 301-458-4800.
|Topic||Most Recent Final||Most Recent Preliminary/Provisional|
|Provisional COVID-19 Death Counts Updates of Totals by Week and State||Updated Monday–Friday, by 12 p.m. EST|
|Weekly Provisional COVID-19 Death Count Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics||Updated Wednesdays, by 5 p.m. EST|
|Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19||Updated Wednesdays, by 5 p.m. EST|
|Mortality/Deaths||2019||Quarterly Provisional Estimates for Selected Indicators of Mortality, 2018–Quarter 1, 2020|
|Births||2019||Quarterly Provisional Estimates for Selected Birth Indicators, 2018-Quarter 2, 2020|
|Leading Causes of Death||2019||Quarterly Provisional Estimates for Selected Indicators of Mortality, 2018–Quarter 1, 2020|
|Drug Overdose Deaths||2019||1-yr Period Ending June 2020|
|Opioid Deaths||2019||1-yr Period Ending June 2020|
|Health Insurance||2019pdf icon||January–March 2020pdf icon|
Interview with Dr. Robert Anderson (Part Two): Death Certificates - Provisional vs. Final Data