NCHS Press Room
The lowest drug overdose death rates in the U.S. in 2018 were in South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, North Dakota, and Texas.
Source: National Vital Statistics System
- New Release: Comparative Analysis of the National Health Interview Survey Public-use and Restricted-use Linked Mortality Files (June 29, 2020)pdf icon
- Next Up: Shingles Vaccination Among Adults Aged 60 and Over: United States, 2018 (July 9, 2020)
- State Profile of the Week: Florida
- COVID-19 Data (Deaths, Mental Health, Access to Care)
- About Provisional Death Data for COVID-19pdf icon
In order to access embargoed and password protected materials, reporters should contact the CDC/NCHS Press Room at 301-458-4800 or register with the NCHS Media List.
Persons with disabilities experiencing problems accessing PDF files should contact the Public Affairs Office at 301-458-4800.
|Topic||Most Recent Final||Most Recent Preliminary/Provisional|
|Provisional COVID-19 Death Counts Updates of Totals by Week and State||Updated Monday–Friday, by 12 p.m. EST|
|Weekly Provisional COVID-19 Death Count Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics||Updated Wednesdays, by 5 p.m. EST|
|Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19||Updated Wednesdays, by 5 p.m. EST|
|Mortality/Deaths||2018pdf icon||Quarterly Provisional Estimates for Selected Indicators of Mortality, 2017–Quarter 3, 2019|
|Births||2018pdf icon||Quarterly Provisional Estimates for Selected Birth Indicators, 2017-Quarter 4, 2019|
|Leading Causes of Death||2018pdf icon||Quarterly Provisional Estimates for Selected Indicators of Mortality, 2017–Quarter 3, 2019|
|Drug Overdose Deaths||2018pdf icon||1-yr Period Ending October 2019|
|Opioid Deaths||2018pdf icon||1-yr Period Ending October 2019|
|Health Insurance||2018pdf icon|
New Release of 2018 Mortality Data and New Data on Maternal Mortality in the United States