National Home and Hospice Care Survey
NOTE: This website contains information on the National Home and Hospice Care Survey (NHHCS), which was last fielded by NCHS in 2007. In 2012, NCHS initiated the National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP)—a biennial study of adult day services centers, residential care communities, nursing homes, home health agencies, and hospice agencies. NSLTCP uses administrative data for home health and hospice agencies obtained from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Please visit the NSLTCP website for more information.
The 2007 National Home and Hospice Care Survey (NHHCS) is one in a series of nationally representative sample surveys of U.S. home health and hospice agencies. It is designed to provide descriptive information on home health and hospice agencies, their staffs, their services, and their patients. NHHCS was first conducted in 1992 and was repeated in 1993, 1994, 1996, 1998, and 2000, and most recently in 2007.
- Home Health and Hospice Care Agencies Fact Sheet [PDF – 325 KB]
- Home Health Care Patients and Hospice Care Discharges Fact Sheet [PDF – 435 KB]
The first national probability survey of home health aides, was designed to provide national estimates of home health aides employed by agencies that provide home health and/or hospice care.
- Adoption and Use of Electronic Health Records and Mobile Technology by Home Health and Hospice Care Agencies [PDF – 176 KB] (5/2013)
- Characteristics and Use of Home Health Care by Men and Women Aged 65 and Over [PDF – 130 KB] (4/2012)
- An Overview of Home Health Aides: United States, 2007 [PDF – 569 KB] (5/2011)
- Home Health Care and Discharged Hospice Care Patients: United States, 2000 and 2007 [PDF – 416 KB] (4/2011)
- Complementary and Alternative Therapies in Hospice: The National Home and Hospice Care Survey: United States, 2007 [PDF – 327 KB] (1/2011)
- Use of Advance Directives in Long-term Care Populations (1/2011)
- Corrections to the Technical Notes for the 2007 NHHCS Medication Public-Use File – Changes to selected category IDs in Multum [PDF – 76 KB] (2/2011)
- Page last reviewed: November 6, 2015
- Page last updated: April 24, 2015
- Content source: