Data are for the U.S.
- Life expectancy: 78.6 years
- Trends in Life expectancy from Health, United States
- Life expectancy by age, race, and sex, 1900-2014 United States Life Tables, 2014 Cdc-pdf[PDF – 1.9 MB]
- Changes in Life Expectancy by Race and Hispanic Origin in the United States, 2013-2014
- Mortality in the United States, 2016
- The Effect of Changes in Selected Age-Specific Causes of Death on Non-Hispanic White Life Expectancy Between 2000 and 2014
- How Does Cause of Death Contribute to the Hispanic Mortality Advantage in the United States?
- Leading Causes of Death Contributing to the Decrease in the Gap in Life Expectancy Between the Black and White Populations in the United States, 1999-2013
- How Did Cause of Death Contribute to Racial Differences in Life Expectancy in the United States in 2010?
- U.S. Decennial Life Tables for 1999–2001: State Life Tables Cdc-pdf[PDF – 1 MB]
Page last reviewed: March 17, 2017
Content source: CDC/National Center for Health Statistics