FUEL UP FOR FUN
Whether you hit the court, the field, the track, the rink, or your back yard to get some physical activity, you’ll need some fuel to keep you going!
Here are some great snacks to munch on to keep your body movin’ and your stomach silent:
- Fresh veggies like carrots and celery sticks
- Snack-sized boxes of raisins
- Low-fat yogurt
- Crackers — try graham crackers, animal crackers, or saltines
No matter what type of physical activity you do, you should always be sure to drink plenty of water — before you start, during the activity, and after you’re done, even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Fig bars
- Fruit juice boxes (make sure you choose 100% pure fruit juice, or for an added boost, try orange juice with added calcium)
- Small packages of trail mix
- Fresh fruits such as bananas, oranges, grapes (try freezing your grapes for a new taste sensation!), and berries