Changes on the inside/changes on the outside
Are your pants too short? Are you tired of being the tallest girl and taller than most of the boys? What is that fuzz over your lip—is it dirt? Is everyone calling you clumsy and klutzy because you trip over your big feet? Does your voice change in the middle of sentence—high one minute and deep the next? And, what is that smell? Are you embarrassed with all the things that are changing about you?
These are signs that you are in for BIG changes ahead. So buckle up, this is going to be quite the thrill ride. Some of these changes might bother you while others might make you happy. All in all, this—PUBERTY—is a natural and normal process—it’s just your body doing what it’s supposed to be doing! Your body is just preparing you to be an adult. Your body grows faster and changes more than any other time in your life except as a baby. And, everyone goes through it.
It’s seriously tough to put up with some of the stuff that happens during puberty.
We all know that. Even though I don’t keep a perfect attitude all the time, it helps me to remember that
- The whole point of puberty is to get my body and brain set to be an adult.
- Everyone goes through it.
- It doesn’t last forever.
- No matter if I think changes are happening too slow or too fast, my body is just doing what my genes tell it to do.
- I’m getting stronger!
- There is plenty I can do to be healthy and feel good like eating healthy, staying active, and de-stressing
- Page last reviewed: September 20, 2017
- Page last updated: September 20, 2017
- Content source: