Tool Kit for Active Living with Chronic Conditions (Mailed CDSMP)
About the program:
The Tool Kit for Active Living with Chronic Conditions is a mailed program based on the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP). The program has all the same components as CDSMP in a mailed pack. Each tool kit includes a book, relaxation and exercises CDs, and tip sheets for self-management. It also includes a self-test that participants can use to decide how they should use the materials.
- Note: The tool kit is also available in Spanish for Spanish speaking adults.
The tool kit aims to increase:
- Physical and psychological well-being
- Motivation to manage challenges associated with chronic diseases
- Adults with arthritis
- Adults with other chronic conditions
- Older adults
- Adults who cannot or do not wish to attend CDSMP in person (including adults in rural areas and adults who are homebound)
- Educational activities
- Practice disease-management skills including action-planning and feedback, problem-solving techniques, and decision making.
- Symptom management activities like exercise, relaxation, communication, healthy eating, managing medication, and managing fatigue
Setting: Individual, self-directed
- Participant costs: $44.76 per tool kit purchased from the Self-Management Resource Center, bulk discounts are available
- Leader/ Host Costs: None
- One tool kit per participant
- Some activities require a CD player
For more information, visit the page on the Tool Kit for Active Living on the Self-Management Resource Center website.