Advancing Arthritis Public Health Priorities through National Organizations—CDC-RFA-DP21-2106
Advancing Arthritis Public Health Priorities through National Organizations (CDC-RFA-DP21-2106) is a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for a 5-year, multi-component cooperative agreement to be supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Approximately $2,037,119 is available for annual funding. CDC anticipates awarding 5-7 awards of $150-$500K under Component 1, and 1 award of $300-$500K under Component 2. The cooperative agreement’s period of performance, or length, is 5 years, from September 30, 2021 to September 29, 2026.
The purpose of this NOFO is to support organizations implementing national efforts to advance arthritis public health priorities to improve the quality of life for all adults with arthritis, including those experiencing health disparities. By leveraging and expanding existing systems, technologies and networks, this NOFO will support:
- Dissemination and delivery of arthritis-appropriate evidence-based interventions (AAEBIs);
- Availability of tailored arthritis-specific consumer health information;
- Collaborative public health action to address osteoarthritis and other forms of arthritis;
- Provision of technical assistance to state partners; and
- Development of an evidence-informed healthcare provider approach to conduct function, pain and physical activity assessments, patient counseling on the benefits of physical activity, and referrals to arthritis-appropriate physical activity and self-management programs.
For more details and information about applying, see the notice on grants.gov: CDC-RFA-DP21-2106 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)external icon
Submit questions to: ArthritisDP21firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Due Date: April 05, 2021
Information Call: On February 2, 2021, CDC hosted an information conference call for potential grant applicants, which included a brief overview and a question and answer session. Questions and answers from the call were added to the FAQ page.
Download the Informational Call Transcript pdf icon[PDF – 244 KB].