Conducting Provider Outreach
Review the three basic steps for reaching out to primary care providers (PCPs) and conducting in-person visits to encourage PCPs to recommend arthritis self-management education and physical activity interventions to their patients. Use these strategies for each phase of the outreach process.
- Step 1: Making initial contact with PCPs through cold-calling
- Step 2: Conducting the outreach visit and making your pitch
- Step 3: Following up with PCPs to continue driving recommendations and to establish long-term relationships with the local medical community
- Chapter 4: Conducting Provider Outreach Cdc-pdf[PDF – 617KB]
- 1.2.3 Approach to Provider Outreach (entire marketing guide) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 10MB]
- Provider Outreach Tracking Spreadsheet – Cdc-excel[XLS – 121KB]
- Phone Call and Outreach Visit Scripts – Cdc-pdf[PDF – 567KB]
Return to The 1.2.3 Approach to Provider Outreach.