CDC-RFA-DP20-2001: National and State Tobacco Control Program
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announces the availability of Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 funds for recipients currently awarded under the National and State Tobacco Control Program, CDC-RFA-20-2001. This Notice of Funding Opportunity supports the achievement of four National Tobacco Control Program (NTCP) goals to 1) Prevent initiation of commercial tobacco use among youth and young adults; 2) Eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke (SHS); 3) Promote quitting among adults and youth; and 4) Identify and eliminate tobacco-related disparities.
These goals will be accomplished by funding two components:
Component 1: National Tobacco Control Program (State Based):
Approximately $69.7 million per year to fund 51 recipients to implement an evidence-based state tobacco control program.
Component 2: State Commercial Tobacco Use and Dependence Treatment Support System:
Approximately $16 million per year to fund 52 recipients to ensure quitline capacity during a national media campaign.
Achievement of these goals will reduce chronic disease morbidity, mortality, and disability related to commercial tobacco use and dependence and secondhand smoke exposure in the United States. By the end of the 5-year project period in 2025, the following outcomes will be achieved:
- Decreased initiation of tobacco use among youth and young adults
- Decreased exposure to SHS
- Decreased tobacco use and dependence among adults and youth
- Decreased tobacco-related disparities
- Decreased tobacco use and dependence prevalence and consumption
- Decreased disparities in tobacco cessation and tobacco use and dependence
These funds will be awarded to the recipients currently funded under the National and State Tobacco Control Program, CDC-RFA-20-2001 for the budget period of 04/29/2021 – 04/28/2022.
- Application Deadline: Applications are due Friday, January 29, 2021, 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time.
- Anticipated Notice of Funding: Successful applicants can anticipate notice of funding around April 2021.
- Anticipated Start Date: Successful applicants can anticipate a project start date of April 29, 2021.