New Community Approaches to Reducing Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This web page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being updated.
For the CARS cooperative agreement, CDC will work with organizations with demonstrated experience and capacity of implementing community engagement methods (e.g. community-based participatory research) and multi-sector partnerships to promote personal health, advance community wellness, influence health behavior and practices, and reduce STI disparities The new FOA provides support in the following five focus areas::
- Implementation of community engagement methods (e.g. community-based participatory research) to achieve health equity;
- Identification and implementation of systems and environmental change strategies that (a) promote personal health and support healthy behaviors and (b) facilitate community-clinical linkages to build support for interventions to prevent and reduce STI disparities;
- Enhancement and sustainability of partnerships;
- Support for communication strategies to promote STD program successes and leverage additional resources for STI control and prevention; and
- Evaluation of the efficacy of this approach and intervention implementation.
View Opportunity on Grants.govexternal icon
Application Closing Deadline May 30, 2017