This outbreak investigation is over. However, people could continue to get sick because recalled cheeses may still be in homes, restaurants, or retail locations. Consumers, restaurants, and retailers unaware of the recall could eat, serve, or sell them. Read the Advice to Consumers, Restaurants, and Retailers.
- Karoun Dairies, Inc. Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Various Cheeses Because of Possible Health Risk Cdc-pdf[PDF – 2 pages]External
- Photos of Recalled CheesesExternal
- FDA Investigates Outbreak of Listeria Linked to Soft Cheeses Distributed by Karoun Dairies Inc.External
- CDC’s Listeriosis web page on prevention
- La Listeria (in Spanish)
- Vital Signs: Recipe for Food Safety
- 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636)