HCP Fight Flu Toolkit
Whether you’re a primary care physician, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care professional (HCP), you play a significant role in helping protect your patients against influenza. The best available protection is annual influenza vaccination for all patients ages 6 months and older. Your strong influenza vaccine recommendation is one of the most important factors in patients accepting the vaccine.
This page provides tools to prepare your practice to fight flu. The materials will:
- Equip you to make strong influenza vaccine recommendations
- Facilitate productive conversations with your patients
- Improve your influenza vaccination rates
These fact sheets provide information on the timing and types of influenza vaccinations as well as methods to provide a strong influenza vaccine recommendation.
Learn techniques on how to make a strong influenza vaccine recommendation to your patients and best practices for increasing flu vaccination rates in your practice.
Share this informational handout with your patients who want additional information, have questions, or decline influenza vaccination at first recommendation. This resource will provide context to the efficacy of the influenza vaccine and highlight its safety.
Help parents understand the risks of flu and what they can do to protect their children. In this FAQ, they’ll find clear answers to common questions about flu symptoms, flu vaccine safety, and flu treatment.
Use this email template to remind your patients to schedule appointments for their influenza vaccines. This template is customizable to best fit your practice and patient population, offering language for specific higher risk groups, such as older adults, pregnant people, young children, and people with certain medical conditions.
Pharmacists play a critical role in protecting patients against influenza and influenza-related complications by advocating for and administrating influenza vaccines. This guide is intended to support discussions between pharmacists and patients about influenza vaccination.
The #HowIRecommend video series highlights HCPs like you, demonstrating how they recommend influenza vaccines to patients and effectively address vaccination questions in their practices.
For additional information visit the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) website and sign-up for CDC influenza email updates.
- ACIP Recommendations
- Vaccination Guidance During a Pandemic
- Maintaining Childhood Immunizations and Well-Child Care During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Free Patient Resources
- Frequently Asked Flu Questions 2023-2024
- Inactivated Flu Vaccine: Vaccination Information Statement (VIS)
- Live, Intranasal Flu Vaccine: Vaccination Information Statement (VIS)
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Resources for Health Professionals
- Resources to Prepare for Flu, COVID-19, and RSV | CDC