Flu News & Spotlights
There are ongoing outbreaks of H5N1 bird flu in US wild birds and poultry. The latest information is available on the Avian Flu News & Spotlights page.
This page highlights new and noteworthy influenza-related developments and feature stories by influenza season.
- May 04. 2022 CDC-Coauthored Study Shows Room for Improvement in Antiviral Use and Vaccination Rates for Flu in U.S. Hospitalized Children
- Mar 18. 2022 Flu Activity Increasing Late in the Season
- Feb 25. 2022 Latest U.S. Flu Vaccination Coverage Estimates Continue to Show Concerning Drops in Coverage Among People at Increased Risk for Flu Complications
- Feb 04. 2022 CDC Study in Kenya Suggests Being Pregnant Doubles the Risk of Flu Illness
- Dec 29. 2021 CDC Urges Flu Vaccination as Flu Activity Picks Up
- UPDATE: U.S. Case of Human Avian Influenza A(H5N1) Virus Reported Thursday, May 5, 2022
- CDC-Coauthored Study Shows Room for Improvement in Antiviral Use and Vaccination Rates for Flu in U.S. Hospitalized Children Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- U.S. Case of Human Avian Influenza A(H5) Virus Reported Thursday, April 28, 2022
- Avian Influenza Current Situation Summary Wednesday, April 13, 2022
- Flu Activity Increasing Late in the Season Friday, March 18, 2022