Current & Past Flu Seasons
Flu activity is decreasing but many states still report widespread flu.
In the United States, flu season occurs in the fall and winter. The peak of flu season has occurred anywhere from late November through March.
- A yearly flu vaccine for everyone 6 months and older.
- CDC guidance for the 2017-2018 influenza season has been published.
- Using antiviral drugs to treat flu illness if prescribed by your doctor.
- Page last reviewed: March 22, 2018
- Page last updated: March 22, 2018
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs