Current & Past Flu Seasons
Flu activity is currently low in the U.S.
In the United States, flu season occurs in the fall and winter. The peak of flu season has occurred anywhere from late November through March.
- a yearly flu vaccine for everyone 6 months and older.
- CDC guidance for the 2017-2018 influenza season has been published.
- Page last reviewed: October 5, 2017
- Page last updated: September 26, 2017
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs