Current & Past Flu Seasons
In the United States, flu season occurs in the fall and winter. The peak of flu season has occurred anywhere from late November through March.
- A yearly flu vaccine for everyone 6 months and older.
- CDC guidance for the 2017-2018 influenza season has been published.
- Using antiviral drugs to treat flu illness if prescribed by your doctor.
- Page last reviewed: June 19, 2018
- Page last updated: June 19, 2018
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs