- US flu activity is low.
- CDC estimates flu illnesses, medical visits, hospitalizations and deaths this season.
CDC on Flu Treatment:
Everyone 6 months & older should receive a yearly flu vaccine.
Flu can cause mild to severe illness. Learn the symptoms of flu.
Prescription medications called antiviral drugs can be used to treat flu.
During week 20 (May 12-18), flu activity decreased in the U.S. This week concludes our weekly surveillance report of FluView for the 2018-2019 season.
Learn about flu season and get answers to questions.
Find information about current and past flu seasons.
Understand who is at high risk from flu.
Find resources to promote flu prevention.
Learn what CDC recommends this season.
Read about CDC's work with flu.
Find a flu vaccine near you.
- CDC Study Finds the Number of Babies Hospitalized with Flu Is at Least Double Previous Estimates Wednesday, September 4, 2019
- CDC Releases Additional STEM Educational Activities for Teachers to use with the “Junior Disease Detectives: Operation Outbreak” Graphic Novel Thursday, August 29, 2019
- A Decade Later: Progress since the 2009 H1N1 Pandemic Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Ten Years of Gains: A Look Back at Progress Since the 2009 H1N1 Pandemic Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- The Deadliest Flu: The Complete Story of the Discovery and Reconstruction of the 1918 Pandemic Virus Tuesday, June 11, 2019