Resources to Prepare for Flu, COVID-19, and RSV
We now have more capacity than ever before to help prevent people from becoming severely ill from these diseases, including:
- Safe, updated immunizations – For the first time ever, immunizations are available for all three major fall and winter respiratory diseases – flu, COVID-19, and RSV (for groups eligible for RSV immunization).
- Widely available, effective treatments – Treatments are available for flu and COVID-19 and can reduce severe illness, hospitalization, and death.
- Testing – Tests, some of which can be used at home, can quickly detect these respiratory viruses so patients don’t delay treatment and other actions that can protect their family, friends, and coworkers.
- Common-sense measures – Other tools like masking, physical distancing, washing hands, and improving airflow in the places where people live and work can provide an additional layer of protection.
Toolkits and Resources
Below are links to CDC toolkits and resources that can help you prepare for the fall and winter virus season.
- Healthcare Provider Toolkit: Preparing Your Patients for the Fall and Winter Virus Season
- Long-Term Care Facilities: Viral Respiratory Pathogens Toolkit
- Project Firstline: Infection Control Actions for Respiratory Viruses
Adults with limited vaccine access
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Bridge Access Program
- How to Get Your Flu, COVID-19, and RSV Vaccines This Year
- Resources for Adult Vaccination
- Respiratory Virus Vaccination for Pregnant People
- Vaccines and Pregnancy: Things You Need to Know
- Influenza Vaccine and Pregnancy
- COVID-19 Toolkit for Pregnant People
- RSV Vaccination for Pregnant People
- Parents Toolkit for Helping Children Fight Flu
- COVID-19 Toolkit for New Parents
- RSV Vaccination: What Parents Should Know
- Vaccines for Children Program
- Flu Vaccines are Important for Children
- 6 Things to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccine for Children
- RSV in Infants and Young Children
People with disabilities
- Respiratory Virus Resources for People with Disabilities
- Health Equity and COVID-19
- COVID-19 Toolkit for People with Disabilities
- Flu and People with Disabilities
Racial and ethnic minority groups
- American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/ANs) and Flu
- COVID-19 and Tribal Communities
- RSV in Alaska Natives
Refugee, immigrant, and migrant populations
Browse CDC’s communication hubs for partners on vaccination, flu, and COVID-19 to find educational and promotional materials in multiple languages and formats (print, video, easy-to-read, and more).
Vaccination and Immunization