- Flu activity is widespread in most of the United States.
- CDC early 2017-18 flu vaccine effectiveness estimates
- Find information about supply of flu antiviral drugs.
- People who are very sick or who are at high risk of serious flu complications & get flu symptoms should be treated with antiviral drugs as soon as possible.
- Get vaccinated if you haven’t yet. There are still weeks of flu activity to come.
Everyone 6 months & older should receive a yearly flu vaccine.
Flu can cause mild to severe illness. Learn the symptoms of flu.
Prescription medications called antiviral drugs can be used to treat flu.
During week 6 (Feb 4-10), flu activity increased in the U.S.
Flu Vaccine Finder
Find the flu shot near you.
- Interim Estimates of 2017-18 Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness - United States, February 2018 Thursday, February 15, 2018
- Update: Influenza Activity - United States, October 1, 2017-February 3, 2018 Thursday, February 15, 2018
- Transcript for CDC Update on Flu Activity Tuesday, February 13, 2018
- Study of Flu-Related Deaths in Children Shows Healthy Children at Risk Monday, February 12, 2018
- Page last reviewed: February 16, 2018
- Page last updated: February 16, 2018
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs