- Flu activity is decreasing; the 2018-2019 season is wrapping up.
- CDC estimates flu cases, medical visits, hospitalizations and deaths weekly this season.
CDC on Flu Treatment:
Everyone 6 months & older should receive a yearly flu vaccine.
Flu can cause mild to severe illness. Learn the symptoms of flu.
Prescription medications called antiviral drugs can be used to treat flu.
During week 19 (May 5-11), flu activity decreased in the U.S.
Learn about flu season and get answers to questions.
Find information about current and past flu seasons.
Understand who is at high risk from flu.
Find resources to promote flu prevention.
Learn what CDC recommends this season.
Read about CDC's work with flu.
Find a flu vaccine near you.
- Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report Friday, May 10, 2019
- Dan Jernigan named as finalist for Service to America medal Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- First Human Infection With Avian Influenza A(H5N1) Virus Since Sept. 2017 Reported in Nepal Monday, May 6, 2019
- 2009 H1N1 Pandemic (H1N1pdm09 virus) Friday, April 19, 2019
- What CDC Does About Novel Flu: Outbreak Investigations Wednesday, April 17, 2019