CDC Digital Media Toolkit: 2019-20 Flu Season
CDC’s seasonal flu vaccination campaign materials are available to assist partners in communicating about the importance of vaccination. This digital toolkit includes details on events/activities, sample social media and newsletter content, graphics, web assets, and media prep material. This material is downloadable, shareable, and some of the material is customizable.
- Thursday, September 26: Seasonal Flu Kickoff Press Conference, National Press Club. CDC and the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) will host the annual press conference to kickoff flu vaccination season.
- Final flu vaccination coverage data from the 2018-19 season will be released.
- CDC will be participating in an Instagram Stories Q&A from 12-2pm ET to encourage flu vaccination and answer common flu questions.
- Visit NFID for additional resourcesexternal icon, and help the traveling flu bug on the journey to fight flu.
Click the “More Messages” button below to get sample outreach messages for your organization’s newsletter, website, or partner networks.
Blurb 1: What You Should Know for the 2019 – 2020 Flu Season
Getting a flu vaccine every year is the best way to protect yourself and your family from flu and its potentially serious complications. CDC recommends that everyone 6 months and older get vaccinated by the end of October.
What is new this flu season?
- Flu vaccines have been updated to better match circulating flu viruses
- Any licensed, age-appropriate flu vaccines are recommended
- The nasal spray flu vaccine (LAIV) is again a vaccine option. Ask your health care provider about what vaccine is right for you
Fight flu this season by getting your flu vaccine and encouraging others to protect themselves and their loved ones by doing the same. Join the conversation on social media with the hashtag #FightFlu.
Share the flu vaccination images and messages below online or on social media. Click the links below to images to download and click to “more messages” button for a full list of social media messages to share throughout the season.
Sample Social Media Messages
Click the “More Messages” button below to get sample Twitter and Facebook flu prevention messages to share on your organization’s social media channels.
Now is the time to get a #flu vaccine and protect your family before flu begins spreading in your community. CDC recommends vaccination by the end of October. https://go.usa.gov/xPTSHexternal icon
Are you a Flu Fighter, or know someone who is? Share your own flu fighter profiles online or social media. Here’s how:
- Pick 1-3 images demonstrating your work as a flu fighter.
- Write a 2-4 sentence post about how you fight flu.
- Share these images and message on social media!
Be sure to include the hashtag #FluFighter or #FightFlu and tag @CDCFlu in your post!
Check out CDC’s Flu Fighters here!