CDC Digital Media Toolkit: 2017-18 Flu Season
CDC’s seasonal flu vaccination campaign materials are available to assist partners in communicating about the importance of vaccination. This digital toolkit includes details on events/activities, sample social media and newsletter content, graphics, web assets, and media prep material. This material is downloadable, shareable, and some of the material is customizable.
Important Dates & Events
- November 7 – Join the Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA) call on November 7 from 2-3pm ET. During the call, subject matter experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and CDC will highlight critical information about this year’s flu season, and discuss strategies primary care providers and medical subspecialists can use to improve flu prevention and control in children.
- November 6-11 – CDC will host a blog-a-thon, encouraging partners to blog and post on their websites about the importance of flu vaccine. This year, CDC will focus our post on encouraging providers to make a strong flu vaccine recommendation to patients and arming them with the information they need to respond to questions about flu season and the available vaccines. The blog-a-thon will kick off on CDC’s Public Health Matters blog on November 6.
- December 3-9 – National Influenza Vaccination Week
Print Ready Materials
Messages to Share
Sample Newsletter Messages
Blurb 1: 2017-2018 Flu Vaccination Campaign
The 2017-18 seasonal influenza vaccination campaign will kick off September 28, 2017, with a press conference hosted by the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) in partnership with CDC. Tune in at 10:00 am ET to hear about influenza from CDC and NFID’S panel of experts.
Social Media Images & Messages
Share the flu vaccination images and messages below online or on social media. Click the links below to images to download and click to “more messages” button for a full list of social media messages to share throughout the season.
Sample Social Media Messages
A yearly #flu vaccine is the best way to prevent flu illness. #FightFlu http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm
Add a Fight Flu Facebook Frame to Your Profile
You can add a Fight Flu frame to your profile picture to show your support. To add a frame:
- Go to www.facebook.com/profilepicframes
- Search “CDC” to find the frame.
- Select a frame from the menu
- Click Use as Profile Picture to save
Fight Flu 300x250
Health Care Professionals 300x250
Fight Flu Family Animated 300 x 250
Health Care Professionals Animated 300 x 250
Flu Vaccine Finder
The Flu Vaccine Finder locates flu vaccine clinics near you. Simply enter your zip code or city and state to find mapped locations of flu vaccine clinics.
During the second week of November (6-11), CDC will host a blog-a-thon focused on health care providers, and encouraging providers to make a strong flu vaccine recommendation to patients. The blog-a-thon will kick off on CDC’s Public Health Matters blog on November 6.
CDC is encouraging partners to blog and post on their websites about the importance of flu vaccine.
To participate in the blog-a-thon, write your own post on the importance of flu vaccination and the role health care providers play in ensuring their patients are protected from flu. Copy the blog-a-thon badge to include with your post, and share your blog link on social media (be sure to tag
- Page last reviewed: November 7, 2017
- Page last updated: November 7, 2017
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs