CDC Digital Media Toolkit: 2017-18 Flu Season
CDC’s seasonal flu vaccination campaign materials are available to assist partners in communicating about the importance of vaccination. This digital toolkit includes details on events/activities, sample social media and newsletter content, graphics, web assets, and media prep material. This material is downloadable, shareable, and some of the material is customizable.
Important Dates & Events
- September 28 – Seasonal Flu Vaccination Campaign Kickoff at the National Foundation for Infectious Disease Press Conference in Washington, D.C.
- September 28 – Join CDC and NFID’s Thunderclap to encourage others to get their flu vaccine this fall.
- October 18 – Medscape Facebook Live featuring CDC expert Dr. Joe Bresee, who will be answering questions from health care professionals (and the general public) about flu, flu vaccines, and the upcoming flu season.
- October 24 – #FluStory Twitter Storm. To encourage vaccination and emphasize the seriousness of flu, CDC will launch a “Twitter storm” on October 24 at 1pm ET that will continue throughout the week. You can participate in the event by using the hashtag #FluStory and sharing why flu vaccination is important to you.
- November 6-11 – CDC will host a blog-a-thon, encouraging partners to blog and post on their websites about the importance of flu vaccine. This year, CDC will focus our post on encouraging providers to make a strong flu vaccine recommendation to patients and arming them with the information they need to respond to questions about flu season and the available vaccines. The blog-a-thon will kick off on CDC’s Public Health Matters blog on November 6.
- December 3-9 – National Influenza Vaccination Week
Print Ready Materials
The following print-ready material may be downloaded, copied, and distributed without alteration free of charge.
Messages to Share
Sample Newsletter Messages
Click the “More Messages” button below to get sample outreach messages for your organization’s newsletter, website, or partner networks.
Blurb 1: 2017-2018 Flu Vaccination Campaign
The 2017-18 seasonal influenza vaccination campaign will kick off September 28, 2017, with a press conference hosted by the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) in partnership with CDC. Tune in at 10:00 am ET to hear about influenza from CDC and NFID’S panel of experts.
Social Media Images & Messages
Share the flu vaccination images and messages below online or on social media. Click the links below to images to download and click to “more messages” button for a full list of social media messages to share throughout the season.
Sample Social Media Messages
Click the “More Messages” button below to get sample Twitter and Facebook flu prevention messages to share on your organization’s social media channels.
A yearly #flu vaccine is the best way to prevent flu illness. #FightFlu http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm
CDC has provided buttons and badges for public use. Place the graphic in the way that works best for your web site.
Fight Flu 300x250
Health Care Professionals 300x250
Fight Flu Family Animated 300 x 250
Health Care Professionals Animated 300 x 250
Flu Vaccine Finder
The Flu Vaccine Finder locates flu vaccine clinics near you. Simply enter your zip code or city and state to find mapped locations of flu vaccine clinics.
- Page last reviewed: September 12, 2017
- Page last updated: September 22, 2017
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs