CDC Digital Media Toolkit: 2018-19 Flu Season
CDC’s seasonal flu vaccination campaign materials are available to assist partners in communicating about the importance of vaccination. This digital toolkit includes details on events/activities, sample social media and newsletter content, graphics, web assets, and media prep material. This material is downloadable, shareable, and some of the material is customizable.
Important Dates & Resources
- Thursday, September 27: Seasonal Flu Kickoff Press Conference, National Press Club. CDC and the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) will host the annual press conference to kickoff flu vaccination season.
- Flu vaccine coverage data from the 2017-18 season will be released.
- CDC and partners will be participating in a Twitterstorm to encourage vaccination between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. ET. Use the hashtag #FighFlu to join the Twitterstorm and follow @CDCflu for the latest flu social media messages.
- Register to tune into the conference.Visit NFID for additional resources, and help the traveling flu bug on the journey to fight flu.
- October: 2018-19 FluView Starting in October, the 2018-19 FluView will be released on Friday mornings. Sign up to get the latest updates on flu from CDC.
- December 2-8: National Influenza Vaccination Week
Print Ready Materials
The following print-ready material may be downloaded, copied, and distributed without alteration free of charge.
Messages to Share
Sample Newsletter Messages
Click the “More Messages” button below to get sample outreach messages for your organization’s newsletter, website, or partner networks.
Social Media Images & Messages
Share the flu vaccination images and messages below online or on social media. Click the links below to images to download and click to “more messages” button for a full list of social media messages to share throughout the season.
Sample Social Media Messages
Click the “More Messages” button below to get sample Twitter and Facebook flu prevention messages to share on your organization’s social media channels.
Now is the time to get a #flu vaccine and protect your family before flu begins spreading in your community. CDC recommends vaccination by the end of October. https://go.usa.gov/xPTSH
Are you a Flu Fighter?
Are you a Flu Fighter, or know someone who is? Share your own flu fighter profiles online or social media. Here’s how:
- Pick 1-3 images demonstrating your work as a flu fighter.
- Write a 2-4 sentence post about how you fight flu.
- Share these images and message on social media!
Be sure to include the hashtag #FluFighter or #FightFlu and tag @CDCFlu in your post!
Check out CDC’s Flu Fighters here!
- Page last reviewed: October 1, 2018
- Page last updated: October 1, 2018
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs