2018 NIVW Digital Media Toolkit
From December 2-8, 2018 we observed National Influenza Vaccination Week, reminding everyone 6 months and older that it’s not too late to get a flu vaccine.
Below are CDC’s NIVW resources, vaccination messages, and activities. We hope you will join us this year as we encourage everyone to protect themselves and their loved ones from flu this season. You can also learn more about how to fight flu.
#HowIRecommend Flu Vaccine Webinar: recording now available
This one hour webinar was originally presented on December 12, 2018. The #HowIRecommend flu vaccine webinar was focused on better understanding the severity and burden of last year’s flu season, why flu vaccine is so important, and how health care providers (HCPs) can make a strong and effective flu vaccine recommendation to patients.
HCPs, join CDC and others in describing how you talk through the importance of flu vaccine using the hashtag #HowIRecommend.
Additional Flu Fighters to be featured on NIVW
Every year, people around the world work to study, track, and prevent flu. Flu Fighters is focused on putting a spotlight on the many partners across the country that work daily to fight flu. Additional columns will be published during NIVW on our partner page.
Share Your Flu Fighter Story
Do you know someone who works to promote flu vaccination and prevent the spread of flu? During NIVW, we are encouraging partners to tell us stories about their flu fighters.
Whether it is a parent who makes sure their entire family is vaccinated every year, a health care provider who goes above and beyond to ensure their patients are protected from flu, or a community advocate that organizes flu clinics – we want to hear from you!
Complete the flu fighter profile below and share on your blog or webpage. Then share your Flu Fighter profile on social media. Write 1-3 sentences or share a meaningful flu quote from your Flu Fighter on social along with an image of your flu fighter. Include the hashtag #FluFighters in your posts!
- Can you share a few highlights of your experience in flu prevention? What is the most rewarding part of your work?
- In your role, how do you fight flu?
- What is the most difficult part of flu prevention?
- How do you discuss flu vaccination with your patients?
- What would you say to those who are hesitant about getting a flu vaccine?
- What advice would you give to other health care professionals to improve their flu vaccination rates?
NIVW 2018 Communication Material
Additional resources for NIVW:
Sample Newsletter Messages
Outreach messages for your organization’s newsletter, website or partner networks to help all our partners speak with one voice about important updates and flu prevention messages for NIVW.
Sample Social Media Messages
Sample Twitter and Facebook NIVW flu prevention messages to share on your organization’s social media channels.
For more NIVW communication resources:
CDC also, offers print material, digital and web tools, PSAs, widgets, buttons, and apps on our website. Visit our Free Resources site for more information.
Check out CDC’s partner portal to learn about available flu prevention resources and how your organization can work with CDC to promote flu vaccination messages!
- Page last reviewed: December 21, 2018
- Page last updated: December 21, 2018
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs