HIV Funding and Budget
This section provides information on current CDC HIV prevention funding opportunities and grants, as well as information about CDC’s HIV budget. Please visit these pages frequently to find updated information on HIV prevention funding opportunities from CDC.
Funding Opportunities Open to Applicants
Ongoing Funding Opportunities
PS17-1704: Comprehensive High-Impact HIV Prevention Projects for Young Men of Color Who Have Sex with Men and Young Transgender Persons of Color (Close date 09/14/2016) (Project period: April 1, 2017-March 31, 2018) (replaced PS11-1113)
This funding stream is offered to CBOs to develop and implement High-Impact HIV Prevention Programs in for: Young Men of Color Who Have Sex with Men (YMSM of color) and Young Transgender Persons of Color (YTG of color) and their partners regardless of age, gender, and race/ethnicity.
PS16-160102CONT16: National HIV Behavioral Surveillance (NHBS) (Close date 08/1/2016)
This award is a continuation of funds only for grantees previously awarded under CDC-RFA-PS16-1601: National HIV Behavioral Surveillance (NHBS).
- PS15-1510: Health Department Demonstration Projects for Comprehensive Prevention, Care, Behavioral Health, and Social Services for Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM) of Color at Risk for and Living with HIV Infection (3 years)
- PS15-1509: Health Department Demonstration Projects for Comprehensive Prevention, Care, Behavioral Health, and Social Services for Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM) of Color at Risk for and Living with HIV Infection (3 years)
- PS15-1506: Health Department Demonstration Projects to Reduce HIV Infections and Improve Engagement in HIV Medical Care among Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM) and Transgender Persons (3 years)
- PS15-1505: Enhancing HIV Prevention Communication and Mobilization Efforts Through Strategic Partnership (5 years)
- PS15-150202CONT16: Comprehensive High-Impact HIV Prevention Projects for Community-Based Organizations (5 years)
- PS14-1410: Secretary’s Minority AIDS Initiative Funding to Increase HIV Prevention and Care Service Delivery among Health Centers Serving High HIV Prevalence Jurisdictions (3 years through June 2017)
- PS14-1409: Assisting Directly Funded AIDS Directors in Urban Jurisdictions and Other HIV Prevention Partners in Meeting the Changes in the Public Healthcare Systems and HIV Prevention Landscape (5 years)
- PS14-140503CONT16: Technical Assistance to Support AIDS Directors and HIV Prevention Program Managers in the 50 States, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and the Pacific Islands
- PS14-1403: Capacity Building Assistance for High-Impact HIV Prevention (5 years—through 3/31/2019)
PS13-130205CONT17: National HIV Surveillance System (NHSS) (Close date 08/15/2016) (5 years)
This funding stream is a five-year funding opportunity for health departments in states and territories to collect and report HIV case surveillance data to the National HIV Surveillance System (NHSS).
PS12-120106CONT17: Comprehensive Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Prevention Programs for Health Departments (Close date 09/01/2016)
This five-year HIV prevention funding opportunity for health departments across the United States and its territories will be awarded on an annual basis to implement high-impact prevention.
- Page last reviewed: April 11, 2017
- Page last updated: April 11, 2017
- Content source: Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, Sexual Transmitted Diseases and Tuberculosis Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention