HIV Funding and Budget
This section provides information on current CDC HIV prevention funding opportunities and grants, as well as information about CDC’s HIV budget. Please visit these pages frequently to find updated information on HIV prevention funding opportunities from CDC.
Funding Opportunities Open to Applicants
PS19-1904: Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) for High Impact HIV Prevention Program Integration
Close date 11/12/2018) (Estimated award date: 4/1/2019) (Project Period: April 1, 2019 – March 31, 2024) (replaced PS14-1403) The purpose of this notice of funding opportunity is to support a CBA Provider Network (CPN) to implement the following four program components: 1) national training; 2) regional technical assistance; 3) continuous quality improvement and sustainability for community-based organizations; and 4) marketing and administrative support for the CPN.
Ongoing Funding Opportunities
PS18-1802: Integrated HIV Surveillance and Prevention Programs for Health Departments
(Close date 9/13/2017) (Estimated award date: 1/1/2018) (Project Period: January 1, 2018–December 31, 2022) (replaces PS12-1201)
The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement is to implement a comprehensive HIV surveillance and prevention program to prevent new HIV infections and achieve viral suppression among persons living with HIV.
PS17-1704: Comprehensive High-Impact HIV Prevention Projects for Young Men of Color Who Have Sex with Men and Young Transgender Persons of Color (Close date 09/14/2016) (Project period: April 1, 2017–March 31, 2018) (replaced PS11-1113)
This funding stream is offered to CBOs to develop and implement High-Impact HIV Prevention Programs in for: Young Men of Color Who Have Sex with Men (YMSM of color) and Young Transgender Persons of Color (YTG of color) and their partners regardless of age, gender, and race/ethnicity.
PS16-160102CONT16: National HIV Behavioral Surveillance (NHBS) (Close date 08/1/2016)
This award is a continuation of funds only for grantees previously awarded under CDC-RFA-PS16-1601: National HIV Behavioral Surveillance (NHBS).
- PS15-151002CONT16: Training and Technical Assistance for Health Department Demonstration Projects for Comprehensive Prevention, Care, Behavioral Health, and Social Services for Men Who Have Sex with Men of Color At Risk for and Living with HIV Infection aka TA 2 THRIVE (Targeted Highly Effective Interventions to Reverse the HIV Epidemic). (3 years) This is a continuation of funds intended only for grantees previously awarded under PS15-1510.
- PS15-150902CONT16: Health Department Demonstration Projects for Comprehensive Prevention, Care, Behavioral Health, and Social Services for Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM) of Color at Risk for and Living with HIV Infection (3 years) This award is a continuation of funds intended only for grantees previously awarded under CDC-RFA-PS 15-1509.
- PS15-1506: Health Department Demonstration Projects to Reduce HIV Infections and Improve Engagement in HIV Medical Care among Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM) and Transgender Persons (3 years) The purpose of this FOA is to support up to 24 state and local health departments in the United States to implement PrEP (Category 1) and Data to Care (Category 2) demonstration projects prioritizing populations of MSM and transgender persons at high risk for HIV infection, particularly persons of color.
- PS15-1505: Enhancing HIV Prevention Communication and Mobilization Efforts Through Strategic Partnership (5 years)
PS15-150202CONT17: Comprehensive High-Impact HIV Prevention Projects for Community-Based Organizations (5 years)
This award is a continuation of funds intended only for grantees previously awarded under CDC-RFA-PS 15-1502.
- PS14-1409: Assisting Directly Funded AIDS Directors in Urban Jurisdictions and Other HIV Prevention Partners in Meeting the Changes in the Public Healthcare Systems and HIV Prevention Landscape (5 years)
- PS14-140503CONT16: Technical Assistance to Support AIDS Directors and HIV Prevention Program Managers in the 50 States, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and the Pacific Islands
- PS14-1403: Capacity Building Assistance for High-Impact HIV Prevention (5 years—through 3/31/2019)
PS13-130205CONT17: National HIV Surveillance System (NHSS) (Close date 08/15/2016) (5 years)
This funding stream is a five-year funding opportunity for health departments in states and territories to collect and report HIV case surveillance data to the National HIV Surveillance System (NHSS).
- Page last reviewed: September 21, 2018
- Page last updated: September 21, 2018
- Content source: Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention