Total number of deaths for 113 selected causes, 1999-2007
Persons with disabilities who experience problems accessing PDF files should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-458-4688.
Worktable 250F lists the number of deaths for NCHS’ mortality tabulation list of 113 selected causes of death. Deaths are tabulated for 10-year age groups and for the race categories black and white. Selected causes include such major conditions as heart disease, cancer, stroke, chronic respiratory diseases, pneumonia and influenza, diabetes, accidents (unintentional injuries), kidney conditions, atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), septicemia (infection of the bloodstream), Alzheimer’s disease, birth defects, conditions originating in the perinatal period, complications related to pregnancy and childbirth, assault (homicide), intentional self-harm (suicide), anemia, chronic liver disease and cirrhosis, hypertension, and other major causes of death. A number of States did not provide complete confirmation of deaths from infrequent and rare causes. For technical details, see technical appendix.
Beginning with the 2008 data year, this annual table is no longer produced. Users are directed to CDC WONDER a detailed mortality database. This tool enables users to create tables with the content that was available in previously produced tables.
- GMWK250F_2007 (70 pages) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 185 KB]
- GMWK250F_2006 (71 pages) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 186 KB]
- GMWK250F_2005 (70 pages) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 516 KB]
- GMWK250F_2004 (70 pages) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 516 KB]
- GMWK250F_2003 (70 pages) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 516 KB]
- GMWK250F_2002 (70 pages) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 367 KB]
- GMWK250F_2001 (136 pages) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 245 KB]
- GMWK250F_2000 (136 pages) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 1 MB]
- GMWK250F_1999 (69 pages) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 135 KB]