Good Health Habits for Preventing Seasonal Flu
The single best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated each year. Good health habits may also help protect you against the flu. The resources below will help you learn about steps you can take to protect yourself and others from flu and help stop the spread of germs.
- Good Health Habits Can Help Stop Germs
Learn about six steps you can take to ensure better health habits.
Flyer [1.5 MB, 2 Pages, 8½” x 11”]
(includes printable flyer)
- Cover Your Cough
Get tips on how you can help stop the spread of germs when coughing
(includes printable flyers and posters).
- Stopping the Spread of Germs at Home, Work & School
Get resources to share with others to encourage good health habits.
Fact Sheet [448 KB, 2 Pages, 8.5" X 11"]
- Nonpharmaceutical Interventions (NPIs)
Everyday preventive actions, like nonpharmaceutical interventions (NPIs), are actions – apart from getting vaccinated or taking medicine – that people and communities can take to help slow the spread of illnesses like influenza (flu).
- Page last reviewed: August 2, 2016
- Page last updated: July 31, 2015
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs