Violence against Children Surveys: Resources
Violence Against Children Surveys (VACS) Fact Sheet
This document provides an overview of VACS with a data snapshot and summarizes evidence-based prevention programs that countries can use after completing VACS.
- View, download or print the full text of VACS Fact Sheet[PDF 350KB]
INSPIRE: Seven Strategies for Ending Violence Against Children
Close to one billion children around the globe have experienced physical, sexual or psychological violence in the past year. INSPIRE: seven strategies for ending violence against children identifies a select group of strategies that have shown success in reducing violence against children. They are: implementation and enforcement of laws; norms and values; safe environments; parent and caregiver support; income and economic strengthening; response and support services; and education and life skills. Use the INSPIRE Handbook for guidance on implementing strategies for ending violence against children.
- Global Epidemic Of Violence Against Children (Huffington Post)
- In Tanzania, child protection systems keep children safe from harm UNICEF press release
- Blog: INSPIRE: Breaking The Cycle Of Violence (Huffington Post)
- Blog: An Urgent Global Problem: CDC Estimates 1 Billion Children Experience Violence Every Year (Huffington Post)
- Video: The Movement to End Violence Against Children (Together for Girls)