Essentials for Parenting
Essentials for Parenting Toddlers and Preschoolers is a free, online resource designed for parents of 2 to 4-year-olds. It addresses common parenting challenges, like tantrums and whining. This resource provides information on things parents can do to build a positive, healthy relationship. Skills focus on encouraging good behavior and decreasing misbehavior using proven strategies like positive communication, structure and rules, clear directions, and consistent discipline and consequences.
Essentials for Parenting includes:
- Articles with a variety of skills, tips, and techniques
- Frequently asked questions answered by parenting experts
- Fun and engaging videos featuring parents, children, and parenting experts who demonstrate and discuss skills
- Free print resources like chore charts and daily schedules
Essentials for Parenting is based on:
- Decades of research and practical parenting experience suggesting that certain skills are useful in building a positive relationship and in handling children’s challenging behaviors.
- Research conducted by CDC about the types of questions parents have, where and how they look for information, and how they want to receive information.