October 13, 2020: Clean Hands Save Lives
IN THIS ISSUE
Spotlight on Topic:
Handwashing Keeps You Healthy
Handwashing is a simple and effective way to prevent the spread of germs and keep kids and adults healthy wherever you are.
Clean your hands often, especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Global Handwashing Day
Handwashing with soap and water is one of the best steps we can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. CDC observes Global Handwashing Day on October 15 to highlight the importance of handwashing at home, in the community, and around the world.
Answers to your questions about hand hygiene
Handwashing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick. Get answers to frequently asked questions about washing your hands.
Watch how handwashing can prevent the spread of germs
Handwashing is a simple and effective way to prevent the spread of germs and keep kids and adults healthy.
Make a handwashing solution poster
A poster illustrating steps to make a handwashing solution when soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub are not available. Other languages available: Arabic, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
- Global Handwashing Partnership Webinar: “The Case for Handwashing” with CDC’s Dr. David Berendes, Oct. 1, 2020
- Global WASH website
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: Characteristics Associated with Adults Remembering to Wash Hands in Multiple Situations Before and During the COVID-19 Pandemic — United States, October 2019 and June 2020 bit.ly/MMWR10820
- Digital handwashing promotional materials, including posters, fact sheets, videos, and public service announcements
- Sample handwashing social media posts and graphics
- Resources from CDC’s handwashing campaign Life is Better with Clean Hands
- Web content syndication from www.cdc.gov/handwashing website
Oct 15 – Global Handwashing Day
Oct 24 – World Polio Day
Nov 6 – Malaria Day in the Americas
Nov 12 – World Pneumonia Day
Nov 14 – World Diabetes Day