CDC Current Outbreak List
Infectious disease outbreaks currently being reported on by CDC. Listings include those outbreaks for which content is currently published on the CDC website.
Recent investigations reported on CDC.gov
- Cashew Brie – Salmonella Infections Announced April 2021
- Ground Turkey – Salmonella Infections Announced April 2021
- Wild Songbirds – Salmonella Infections Announced April 2021
- Small Turtles - Salmonella Infections Announced February 2021
- Queso Fresco – Listeria Infections Announced February 2021
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Announced January 2020
- Lung Injury Associated with E-cigarette Use or Vaping Announced August 2019
- Raw Milk – Drug-resistant Brucella (RB51) Announced February 2019
- Measles Outbreaks 2019 Announced January 2019
- Outbreaks of hepatitis A in multiple states among people who are homeless and people who use drugs Announced March 2017
Please see the Travelers’ Health site for a complete list.
- COVID-19 Very High - COVID-19 and Cruise Ship Travel May 2021
- COVID-19 Moderate - COVID-19 in the Falkland Islands May 2021
- COVID-19 High - COVID-19 in Guam May 2021
- COVID-19 Very High - COVID-19 in Suriname May 2021
- COVID-19 Moderate - COVID-19 in Burundi May 2021
- COVID-19 High - COVID-19 in Sri Lanka May 2021
- COVID-19 Unknown - COVID-19 in Papua New Guinea May 2021
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Multistate Foodborne Outbreaks – Foodborne outbreaks listed by year
- Hepatitis A Outbreaks – Hepatitis A outbreak investigations since 2013 where CDC supported or led the investigation.
- US Outbreaks Linked to Contact with Animals or Animal Products
- Health Alert Network – Health alerts, health advisories, updates, and info service messages. Designed for public health and medical communities.
- Recent Outbreaks and Incidents – Events involving the CDC Emergency Operations Center
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report – Outbreak investigation reports included among other content. Note that outbreak material includes state health department investigations. Designed for public health and medical communities.