Infectious disease outbreaks currently being reported on by CDC. Listings include those outbreaks for which content is currently published on the CDC website.
- Vulto Creamery Soft Raw Milk Cheese - Listeria monocytogenes Announced March 2017
- I.M. Healthy SoyNut Butter - E. coli O157:H7 Announced March 2017
- Multi-state Outbreak of Seoul Virus Announced January 2017
- Dairy Bull Calves - Multidrug-resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Announced November 2016
- Shell Eggs - Salmonella Oranienburg Announced October 2016
- Beef Products - E. coli O157:H7 Announced September 2016
- Raw Milk - Listeria monocytogenes Announced March 2016
- Elizabethkingia anophelis in the Midwest Announced January 2016
- Small turtles - Salmonella Sandiego and Salmonella Poona Announced October 2015
- Elizabethkingia anophelis in the Midwest Announced March 2015
- MERS-CoV Announced May 2014
- Ebola Outbreak in West Africa Announced March 2014
- Avian Influenza A (H7N9) Virus Announced March 2013
- Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever Outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo Announced August 2012
- Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever Outbreak in Uganda Announced July 2012
Outbreaks Affecting International Travelers
Please see the Travelers' Health site for a complete list.
Further Sources for Content about Specific Outbreaks
- Multistate Foodborne Outbreaks – Foodborne outbreaks listed by year
- Health Alert Network – Health alerts, health advisories, updates, and info service messages. Designed for public health and medical communities.
- Recent Outbreaks and Incidents – Events involving the CDC Emergency Operations Center
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report – Outbreak investigation reports included among other content. Note that outbreak material includes state health department investigations. Designed for public health and medical communities.
Get Email Updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: January 30, 2017
- Page last updated: January 23, 2017
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media