Infectious disease outbreaks currently being reported on by CDC. Listings include those outbreaks for which content is currently published on the CDC website.
- Maradol Papayas - Salmonella Urbana Announced September 2017
- Maradol Papayas - Salmonella Newport and Salmonella Infantis Announced September 2017
- Maradol Papayas - Salmonella Anatum Announced September 2017
- Pet Store Puppies - Campylobacter Announced September 2017
- Pet Turtles - Salmonella Agbeni Announced August 2017
- Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Exposure to Clinical and Teaching Microbiology Laboratories Announced July 2017
- Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Maradol Papayas Announced July 2017
- Live Poultry in Backyard Flocks - Salmonella Announced June 2017
- 2017 Ebola Outbreak in Congo (DRC) Announced May 2017
Outbreaks Affecting International Travelers
Please see the Travelers' Health site for a complete list.
Further Sources for Content about Specific Outbreaks
- Multistate Foodborne Outbreaks – Foodborne outbreaks listed by year
- Health Alert Network – Health alerts, health advisories, updates, and info service messages. Designed for public health and medical communities.
- Recent Outbreaks and Incidents – Events involving the CDC Emergency Operations Center
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report – Outbreak investigation reports included among other content. Note that outbreak material includes state health department investigations. Designed for public health and medical communities.
Get Email Updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: January 30, 2017
- Page last updated: January 23, 2017
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of Public Affairs