Infographic: CDC Helping Improve Health in Haiti
CDC: Helping Improve Health in Haiti
5 years after the devastating 2010 earthquake, CDC and the Government of Haiti have made tremendous progress in improving the health of Haitains.
258 disease detectives trained.
250 rural water technicians trained.
Addressing public health priorities:
- 97% reduction in cholera cases since early 2011.
- 84% treatment success for tuberculosis.
- 83% of children immunized against measles.
Preventing and treating disease:
- 8 million people treated for lymphatic filariasis.
- 1 million individuals tested for HIV every year.
- Rapid diagnostic tests for malaria procured.