Infographic: Impact of a Polio-Free Africa
Impact of a Polio-Free Africa:
How eradication efforts have improved global health
People respond faster and smarter:
- Health workers and community mobilizers have better training to reach all children.
- Health networks collect and analyze information quickly.
- Response teams are in place to mobilize during outbreaks.
Health systems work better:
- Hospitals have procedures for reporting cases of disease.
- Emergency operations centers are in place.
- Hard-to-reach communities have improved health infrastructure.
Page last reviewed: July 21, 2017
Content source: Global Health