Updates from the Field: Protecting Health and Building Capacity Globally
A newsletter from CDC Center for Global Health, Division of Global Health Protection.
Summer 2017, Issue 25:
Working Faster and Smarter Toward Global Health Security
The Division of Global Health Protection contributes immensely toward making Americans and the world at large safer and more secure. In this issue of Updates from the Field, you will learn about our work to create faster, smarter response capabilities through strengthening investigations, surveillance and reporting, laboratory capabilities, and emergency response and preparedness.
In This Issue
Highlights of Investigations
- FETP Responds to Ebola Outbreak in DRC
- Faster, Smarter Outbreak Response in Liberia
- Disease Detective Discovers First Zika Cases in Guinea-Bissau
Enhanced Surveillance and Reporting
- Data Inspires Lifesaving Action in Sierra Leone
- Vietnam Update: Community-Based Surveillance Yields Results
- Reaching Across Borders in Benin
- Progress in Pakistan: Growing Response to Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
Expanding Laboratory Capabilities: Snapshot
Emergency Response and Preparedness
- Quick Action From Senegal’s EOC Helps Control Influenza Outbreak
- Investing in People: Training Guinea’s Emergency Managers
- Uganda’s Rapid Response to Avian Influenza
Want to learn about global health? Then sign up for “CDC Updates from the Field!” Each issue provides information and resources on specific global health topics and the Division of Global Health Protection’s work, collaborations and partnerships. You’ll get stories, infographics, photos, news, and more in every issue. Learn more about what we do!
Enter your email address: