Regular physical activity helps improve your overall health and fitness, and reduces your risk for many chronic diseases.
Status Report for Step it Up! The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Promote Walking and Walkable Communities [PDF-1.24MB]
The Status Report summarizes the state of walking and walkability when the Call to Action was released, as well as selected activities done since the release to sustain the messages and promote the goals established by the U.S. Surgeon General.
In The Spotlight
- Physical Activity Builds a Healthy and Strong America [PDF-1.06MB]
- Promoting Airport Walking: A Guide [PDF-2.35MB]
- Walking for Transportation or Leisure Among U.S. Women and Men
National Health Interview Survey, 2005–2015 [PDF-297KB]
- Adults Eligible for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Counseling and Participation in Aerobic Physical Activity — United States, 2013
- Data, Trends and Maps Database
- Media Tools
State and Local Programs
Check out the latest state initiatives and news related to nutrition, physical activity, overweight and obesity
- Page last reviewed: November 13, 2018
- Page last updated: November 13, 2018
- Content source: