LARGE GROUP SELF-GUIDED VISIT
Length of Visit: Approximately 2 hours
Group Size: 10-50 (Not including chaperones for groups with visitors under age 18)
What to Expect
The self-guided visit is available for groups of 10-50 visitors looking to explore the exhibitions at their own pace. Each self-guided visit lasts approximately two hours, including independent exploration time. Our exhibits are designed to be self-guided and are most appropriate for visitors of sixth-grade age or older.
Self-guided visits include:
- A short orientation to the CDC Museum and CDC
- 1 or 2 short 4–6-minute intro videos played on the Global Symphony
- Optional paper scavenger hunt or code for mobile Goosechase digital scavenger hunt (Goosechase app should be downloaded from mobile app store prior to arrival)
- Independent exploration time
Self-guided visit focus can include:
- The Story of CDC exhibition
- Current temporary exhibition. See what will be on display during your visit.
Scavenger hunt options:
Paper scavenger hunt: Available at check-in for groups without mobile phone access or for group leaders who wish to discourage distracted phone use during the visit.
Digital scavenger hunt: Activity using Goosechase app on using mobile phone. App is available in mobile app store and should be downloaded on each device before arrival.
Group Leader Instructions:
Prior to Visit
- Book your tour reservation. Your tour is not scheduled until you receive a confirmation email.
- Email completed “List of Attendees” form to firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven days prior to tour date. This list is required.
- Review museum behavior expectations with all group members. Visitors who do not adhere to museum behavior guidelines will be asked to return to the waiting platform for the remainder of the tour.
- Print and read the driving directions & parking instructions. Traffic can be heavy near the CDC campus. Please plan accordingly.
- Review tour FAQ.
- Review and share photo-ID requirements. All visitors must show government-issued picture IDs. Students under 18 years do not need to show IDs if they are accompanied by adults with IDs. Adult non-U.S. citizens must present a valid passport for entry.
- Check our website for mask requirements on the day of your visit.
- Please adhere to the museum expectations.
Complete post tour survey which will be sent via email.
INDIVIDUAL & SMALL GROUP SELF-GUIDED VISIT
Length of visit: Approximately 1 hour (determined by visitor)
Group Size: 1-9 people
The CDC Museum is open for self-guided visits to individuals and groups with 10 or fewer participants. Reservations are not required. Visitors may come any time during operating hours.
Admission and parking are free. All visitors must show government-issued photo ID. This does not apply to visitors under the age of 18 who are accompanied by adults with ID. All adult non-U.S. citizens must present a valid passport for entry.
Museum operations are subject to change without notice. Check our website for mask requirements on the day of your visit.
Before You Arrive:
Review driving directions & parking instructions. Traffic can be heavy near the CDC campus. Please plan accordingly.