Small Group Self-Guided Visit
- Students (Grades 6-12) and Adults
- Group Size: 1-9
- When: Museum Operating Hours
- No Reservation Required
Student Group Guided or Self-Guided Visit
- Students (Grades 6-12)
- Length of tour: 2 hours
- Group Size: 10-30 (not including chaperones)
- Chaperones: One chaperone required for every 10 students
- More >>
Adult Group Guided or Self-Guided Visit
The David J. Sencer CDC Museum offers guided exhibition tours for groups of 10 or more by reservation only. There is a 30 person maximum for guided tours. Groups of more than 30 must reserve a self-guided visit of the museum.
While reservations are not required for self-guided groups of less than 10, groups of more than 10 must reserve a slot for a self-guided visit.
Tours are led by David J. Sencer CDC Museum staff and CDC employees who volunteer as docents. The exhibitions are most appropriate for middle school, high school and adult groups. Tours are not offered for daycare and elementary school groups.
Guided tours are only offered at 9:30 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:30 PM or 3:00 PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Tour reservations must be made at least a week in advance by completing the online form.
Your tour is not scheduled until you receive a confirmation email.
Guided tours are offered to groups with at least of 10 but no more than 30 participants.
All visitors must show government-issued picture IDs. Students under 18 years do not need to show IDs as long as they are accompanied by adults with IDs.
Guidelines limiting the maximum number of tour participants are designed to help ensure the safety and security of our visitors. These numbers are strictly enforced. To request a guided tour, please complete the online form.
- Page last reviewed: November 5, 2014
- Page last updated: September 1, 2016
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media